Ohio Real Estate License Requirements
These are the state requirements to become an Ohio real estate agent. Ohio requires four (4) courses
Real Estate Principles and Practices - 40 hours
Real Estate Law - 40 hours
Real Estate Finance - 20 hours
Real Estate Appraisal - 20 hours
1. You must be honest, truthful and of good reputation.
2. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
3. You must be sponsored by an Ohio Real Estate Broker.
4. You must not have been convicted of a felony or crime of moral turpitude, adjudged by a court to have violated any civil rights laws regarding real estate within the past two years, or violated any rules of the Ohio Division of Real Estate. If you are found to have done so, you must submit satisfactory proof to the Superintendent of Real Estate that you will not violate such laws or rules again.
5. If you were born after 1950, you must have a high school diploma or its equivalent as recognized by the Ohio Department of Education.
6. Complete the educational requirements.
7. Pass the Ohio state exam.
See complete Candidate Information Bulletin of Ohio Real Estate license requirements by Thomson-Prometric, formerly Experior, which administers the Ohio real estate exam.